Founding Partner at Content Strategy, Inc.
As a founding partner, Melissa manages business development and client engagement to help organizations meet their business and customer-experience goals through great content. With over 10 years of experience leading marketing, content strategy, and social media projects for agencies and large corporations, she’s passionate about making a difference through content strategy.
She has worked in multiple industries with large and entrepreneurial organizations to tie business goals and audience requirements together to create measurable results. She currently teaches content strategy at Langara and is a co-organizer of Vancouver’s IA and Content Strategy meetup group.
Workshop Title: Content Teamwork: Aligning Your People & Process
Abstract: Defining the content strategy is the easy part. But how do you actually make it work? Not just today, but tomorrow, and next year, and the year after that? How can you continually evolve and mature your content practices, create rock-star content teams, and produce better content faster? Sound magical? Nope, it’s just good content governance.
In this introductory workshop, we’ll use group discussions, thought-providing exercises, and real-world client stories to build your knowledge and awareness of content governance.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to identify where your organization fits in the content maturity model, and how to progress.
- Different options for content governance within an organization.
- The five pillars on which you need to build your content governance.
- How to advocate and influence for content governance changes.
- The steps to take to get you started towards better governance.